Pages


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Why Do We Have Fear?"

Topic: Fears I used to have


     Fear can be a good or a bad thing. It is a serious emotion. It can be helpful for assisting us in surviving, or be used to drive someone mad. I'm sure it’s fun to get scared sometimes, say at a haunted house, but think about it. What if it was real and there was no safe way out? Then how would you feel. Why do we have fear? It's just like asking , Why do we breathe air?. It is human nature to be fearful.  Yes, I believe we all have fears. 


      In my life I have been afraid of many things. My first fear is to lose someone I love. To be specific, I'm afraid to lose my Mom. She's my best friend, lover, stage mom. She's my everything. I'm really attached to her and sometimes I think I can't live without her. I don't know but I'm not comfortable when she's not around. I always wanted her to be by my side. I'm very lucky to have a mother like her.  I don't know how to overcome this fear. But I think it's just normal.  My second fear is, I'm really afraid of cockroaches. When I see a cockroach, my heart beats fast and I really can't kill the cockroach. When I see cockroach in our bathroom, I will not take a bath unless my mom already killed the cockroach. It may sound absurd but that's a fact. It's really disgusting, especially the flying cockroaches. They feel like they have super powers and they're flying all around. I really hate cockroaches. I think I can overcome this fear by letting myself kill the cockroach.  My third fear is, I’m afraid of broken promises. I'm a kind of girl that will trust and believe you easily if you're serious. But it all changed now, because someone broke his promise to me. I'm afraid to give my trust to someone. It's difficult for me to believe someone easily. I don't want promises now. And lastly, I'm afraid to die. All of us are afraid to die. Life is so wonderful. God really gave us a precious gift, and it's our life.  I don't want to leave my love ones. But all of us will die someday. That's a fact that we should really accept. We should now live our life to the fullest so that there will be no regrets. Let's spend our time in a productive way. We should treasure every moment of our lives. 


     As time goes by, I know I can overcome those fears I have. I just need to face my fears and be mature enough. I should change the way I think or change the way I act. I should be a positive thinker. I think that will help me a lot and it can help us a lot to overcome our fears.  Sometimes fear stops success. For us to be successful in our lives, all I can say is we should take every chance and drop every fear. 


1 comment: