Pages


Monday, December 10, 2012

Material Girl


              "Contentment", when you hear that word, what comes to your mind? Do you even ask yourself if you're contented with what you have? Well, being contented is the hardest thing to do. If you have the latest gadget, you will still want to buy another one. If your dad gave you a brand new cellphone, you're still not contented if another new cellphone has been released. Yes I admit that I’m still not contented with what I have. But as I grow up I've learned that I should be contented and be happy with what I have right now. I'm not talking about material things but it's all about my family, friends and of course God. They are irreplaceable unlike those gadgets or any other material things that we have. 


               They can give full happiness in my life unlike those gadgets that can be destroyed easily. They are the ones who complete us. Our life is full of challenges and we know that we really need help from the people around us. We have problems in life and we can't face it alone. God will be the one who will help us in the darkest days of our lives. Sometimes we tend to forget him, and we think that we can face it alone. We think we are strong enough but we're wrong. We need God in our lives. We need him for us to be saved and for us to be blessed.  We focus too much in the things that we don't have but do we even think that we have God by our side all the time? Every day of our lives he is watching us. He is guiding and protecting us. He is the reason why we still breathe and survive all the problems we have.



       Let us all be contented or be satisfied with what God gave us. I admit that I am a material girl. What I mean is I put my attention too much or I value the material things that I have. I will save some money just to buy that, to buy this. And I've realized that those are just material things and I can’t get the true happiness in those things. We should not ask for too much and we should be contented with what we have. We should value the people around us. Instead of buying something for ourselves we should just buy food for the poor. Being contented is one of the hardest things to do, but let us put in our mind and heart that God alone is enough.

            

1 comment: